Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I would like to say something...

I know I am not the most articulate of people. I sometimes fear to speak because my thoughts might not keep up with those of others. I believe in logic, reason, compassion, empathy and sympathy. I believe in working for what I have and expect to be able to enjoy those things. I love my family and my friends. I believe there is much evil in the world and that it will only be combated by those who are willing to take a stand against it. I believe that there is a right and wrong that is independent of mankind and his ability to reshape things to his own views. I know right now that there are a lot of my friends here and on Facebook along with those who are not online who have very strong opinions about the current political environment. I would hope that we can all agree that each of us is part of a larger brotherhood of humans. That when you strip everything away, we each have the same basic needs and wants.

I know that My words may be used against me by some trying to sway my viewpoint to their position. This is the reason for my fear of speaking out. Having someone take my words and contort them into an attack against me shows me only that they do not value me or my thoughts. All I ask is that you can respect me and allow me to respect you in our differing views.
I wanted to share these thoughts with you readers. I had originally posted them on my Facebook account and modified them slightly here to correct some grammar and spelling issues and direct my comments to a wider audience. I know I don't have all the answers. I do know that humans are some very amazingly resourceful and capable creatures when they can find common ground and work through problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment