Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White and Blue

It's funny you know, how you can fall in love with something before you even know what itis. I don't remember when it happened, but I know it did. Two primaries and a neutral. They became the basis of my favorite colors.

Later on I learned if the symbolism of those colors. The one that stands out to me is the one which has become my favorite color, blue. Not just any blue mind you, but the deep clear blue of the sky. That field of blue on our nations symbol that represents the unity that the Founding Fathers hoped would flourish, that is the blue I love. That field of blue, sprinkled with stars of white is a beautiful thing to me. It has inspired me to look up. To look beyond the here and now to see what might be. I love this land. I love this country, flawed though it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment