Saturday, September 24, 2011

...and now for something completely different.

Well, I started my guitar lessons this last week. I have to admit that my first impression of the instructor (before I knew who he was) wasn't that great. Once the lesson began though I was pleased to see him assess some of my weaknesses in my playing and begin giving instructions for improvement. I am pretty sure I underwhelmed him as I was somewhat on the spot when he asked me to "play a song". I sort of drew a blank because he didn't request something a little more specific. I think though, as the lesson continued, that I showed more of my skills. I am hoping to make some good to great improvements on my abilities as a guitar player during this semester.

On another front, I am going to get ready to begin competitive pistol shooting. I plan on having my first match sometime in the spring. What this means to the two of you who are readings this is that I will be updating on things I find have helped (or hurt) my performance and possibly some gear reviews as I find I might need to change my equipment (or can afford new equipment).

No comments:

Post a Comment