Monday, October 3, 2011

Play time with my kids

Well, the last few days I have availed myself of the opportunities to play with my children. I think we all had a lot of fun. I played ...erm...I don't know what you call it with my daughter. I guess it was playing pretend using figures. She does much as I did when I was a child, using multiple figures from different sources for the pretend session. As is her usual way, she tried to dictate how the play "program" would go. I of course, being the nut job that I am, failed to oblige.  :-)  My daughter has gotten used to this behavior somewhat and just decided to go along with it. I think that she had more fun because of it. I know I enjoyed seeing her laugh at me and my jokes and silliness.

My son and I also got several opportunities to play as well though for much shorter periods, but then again, he is only 5 and autistic. I had fun as playing with him tends to involve a lot of tickling. I just love his laugh. I also helped him to play angry birds and legos a few times as well. All in all, I think we all had a lot of fun.


I would have loved to have taken the kids for a drive in one of the canyons around here or gotten out to a park but things just didn't seem to work out. Still, as a father I cherish the moments I get to spend with my little ones, even on days that I get aggravated by them. I hope that I am giving enough of my time to them so that in the future we will have a strong relationship that they can rely on. It might sound greedy of me but since I can't seem to invest my money wisely, I figure I should invest my time wisely. If nothing else comes of this investment, I at least hope that my kids will learn that their daddy loves them and have a good example of how to live. ....now I just have to wait to see how my investment turns out. I hate waiting.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment