Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gifts to Cut with

Well, I figured I had started doing a write up of my knives and had better finish. I had planned on doing it as a full gear review but to tell you the truth, I probably know less about knives than I should. So instead of trying to sound pretentious I thought I would just saying a little something about what I have.
 
I received this Gerber Gator from some of my buddies in the Navy. It was a gift for my 21st birthday. As I recall, it was the only gift I got that day. They knew I liked knives and all pitched in to get one for me. I have carried this knife with me off and on for the almost 20 years since I got. Some weeks it gets more belt time than others but it still gets out and about. I don't know that I ever really let them know how much that meant to me. It had been a pretty low time for me and they came through and let me know that someone out there thought my 21st was something that should be marked by an occasion of some sort. Phil, Rick, Andy...Thanks guys. I still think about each of you when I look at this knife and the fun we had. 
The Gator came with a black nylon pouch. The grip is a great textured rubber that I have never had slip from my grip when using it. I had enjoyed having this knife and plan on it staying with me for a long time to come.

I have another knife I am going to talk about now. The Buck 110. This is a classic knife. My wife got this for me for Christmas a couple of years back. It came in a commemorative tin with a nylon belt sheath. This knife is just classic. This (oh, boy, gonna date myself here) is the knife that Bo and Luke Duke used to carry on their belts. I love the heft of this knife, it's weight just feels good in your hand. The blade on this thing is wicked sharp. Go ahead, ask me how I know that. The solid brass end caps and the wood panels give is a very distinguished look. This is yet another knife that I plan on carrying with me for a long, long time.
Thank you sweetheart for giving me this great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment